Nicholas Burman nicholas at nburmandesign.com
Mon Nov 7 11:13:14 CST 2005

I don't think the idea of the Ubuntu-Art list is to collect people's
favourite desktops and share them, as entertaining as that is. We are
looking for contributions to a distro that will be used by all kinds
of people. Unfortunately, that means that artwork has to appeal to a
common denominator, not an individuals taste. That is what we have to
work with. If you give up listening to people, you won't be able to
produce anything that would be acceptable by the client - the end user.
The challenge comes in working within fairly strict guidelines, not
by just making whatever you like - that would be too easy! You can
still make something edgy, creative and interesting while maintaining
wide audience appeal.

Thanks for sharing your ideas - Nice job on the drawings.  I'm sure
these designs look great on your desktop.

Nick
www.nburmandesign.com
www.nickburman.com