[UBUNTU-ART] Stuff to do.

volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 12:57:08 CDT 2005

Yay, lots of new members already! Welcome all!

It'll probably take at least a week to figure out who's here, who can
do what, and what needs to be done. I've chatted with Andrew the most
so far, so I know there's a lot work to be done converting his
wonderful SVG icons into the various sizes of bitmap icons (png's
actually) to be used throughout the the system. When I say "a lot of
work", I'm mostly talking about good old time consuming man hours.
Luckily the task only requires a knowledge of Andrew's conversion
workflow and a good set of eyes. Any of us that consider ourselves
graphic designers will be forced...er... able to get their hands dirty
with this part of the project. Because it IS time consuming, it's
probably going to be our first priority before we start working on fun
stuff like backgrounds/wallpapers and making different color varieties
of our default theme (Clearlooks).

Andrew is either going to send out an email with details able the icon
conversions, or he'll put it straight on the wiki. Either way, we'll
definitely let you know when we're ready to have you fire up your copy
of the Gimp. :o)

Canonical is also giving our team our own server, so hopefully we'll
have some sort of versioning system up and running in the near future.
Woohoo!

For right now, we just need to play the waiting game until things are
a little more organized. While we're waiting though, KEEP TALKING!
It's been said that our most difficult task is probably going to be
voting and agreeing on things, but I'm really hoping our great open
community will turn out to make this a non-issue. :o)

If you're a wiki person, I haven't had a chance to go peek at our
existing "art team" page. If someone feels like checking up on it and
making sure the mailing list info is there, that would be great.
Thanks!

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu