[ubuntu-art] Re: Usplash Gone Wild!

Luis Santander yetzero at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 01:01:09 GMT 2005

2005/12/19, volvoguy <volvoguy at gmail.com>:
> On 12/19/05, Travis Watkins <alleykat at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It's just a creative use of the 16 colors they have available. There
> > are no new features there.
>
> Wait, don't say "just"! :-) After all, we're mostly "just" creative
> people working on Ubuntu stuff. hehe. That said, I thought it was
> really creative - and that there's been an explosion of creativity in
> the Linux world in just the last few months. That's a good thing (tm).
>
> By the way, I'm not dead. My spine is fused, I'm on lots of drugs, and
> still in a fair amount of pain (even with the drugs). I'll most likely
> be sitting on the bench for the Dapper release, with the hope of
> getting back in the game for the release after that. In the meantime
> though, if you don't mind slow replies, feel free to email me if you
> have any questions about anything. I'm also going to *try* to drop
> into the IRC channel when I can - especially if there's a meeting
> planned - but go ahead and plan without me, because I never know what
> my asleep/awake schedule is going to be like from day to day.
>
> Merry Christmas, and in the spirit of Ubuntu - Peace on Earth, good
> will toward men. :-)

Glad to hear from you, Aaron. About the USplash thing, I think it's a
better idea to first get a good design concept for Dapper, freeze it
so it won't be changing every two weeks and then start producing all
the pieces relative to that concept. Other way we will end up with
probably some very nice artwork, but the pieces won't have an overall
meaning or coherent feeling. That's what I think.
--
-Luis Santander