[ubuntu-art] Metacity Idea

Pascal Klein 4pascal at tpg.com.au
Thu Dec 8 06:45:12 GMT 2005

On Thursday 08 December 2005 00:20, Viper550 wrote:
> Okay, so my last idea turned out to be a SystemG clone (oops!), but I
> did find a new Metacity idea for the new look of Dapper on Gnome-Look
> today; http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=31877
>
> It's kinda like my idea, but does some twists to the "glassy brown"
> idea. Also, the author made a Blue version too! Maybe for Dapper, we
> could make people happy by leaving a "Human Blue" preset in the Themes
> configuration for our Brown hating users! It kinda looks like the new
> SUSE theme in a way as well!
>
> So, who likes it?
>
> viper550

Like my comment on the GNOME-look page, it looks lovely, but sadly for this, I
think we ought not to imitate anything which Vista, or for that manner, and
other commercial operating system. I'd suggest the metacity window
decorations that this theme uses:

http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=19894

For something along the lines of default Dapper. :)