REJECT: openmpi1.5

Jamie Strandboge jamie at canonical.com
Fri Mar 2 22:30:08 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-03-01 at 21:44 +0000, Robie Basak wrote:
> Jamie,
>
> Thanks for the review.
>
> To be clear, this is a fork (just package name changes) of Debian's
> openmpi in experimental, in order to have openmpi 1.5 installable in
> parallel with openmpi 1.4. So these issues are all also present in
> Debian, and I haven't touched any of these areas in changing the package
> name to openmpi1.5.
>
> The corresponding blueprint:
>     https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/servercloud-p-arm-openmpi
> and the bug:
>     https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openmpi/+bug/889644
>
> Given this situation, would you prefer to see these issues fixed before
> acceptance in Ubuntu, or for them to remain in order to keep the delta
> against Debian minimal? Or I could raise these all as bugs in Debian and
> try and get them fixed that way, but would this still block acceptance
> in Ubuntu?

AIUI, packages in Debian experimental AIUI haven't gone through Debian
NEW process yet, which may be why they are not in good order. Our
archive should generally be in at least as good of shape as Debian's, so
yes I do feel these things should be addressed before inclusion.

--
Jamie Strandboge             | http://www.canonical.com