Reject: mythbuntu-bare

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Sat Aug 20 04:17:26 UTC 2011

Hello Jamie,

I have a few questions regarding your concerns below.

1) I wrote all but save_file.py, (which I found online and modified a bit).
Should I add a gpl v2 txt file to the root of the tar or is there a
different way I should be handling that?

1) I am the upstream source, which is why you cannot find upstream source
(unless you check the bzr branch on LP)

2) I'm assuming that the mythtv user exists because one of the pieces of
software I depend on checks that it exists and creates it if it doesn't. It
was determined that there was no need to have code that created the user in
both places.

3) I use native packaging because I created this software for the Mythbuntu
project. The software wouldn't work in Debian without modification as well
as Mythbuntu-control-centre making it into debian as well (which wouldn't
make sense unless MythTV and a mess of other things makes it into Debian).
If there is somewhere that I need to specify this please let me know and I
do so. I've talked it over with both of the MOTU's that reviewed my software
which is why they allowed it. (TBH, it was actually using non-native
packaging to begin with, but since I was upstream and this isn't anywhere
else I was told to use native version numbers)

4) I'm not sure what you are wanting for a proper upstream. I am the sole
author (excluding the one save_file.py file) of this software and my source
code exists on launchpad (IIRC I have specified the correct branch in the
debian/copyright file, but LP seems to be down at the moment and I'm
currently on vacation.

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos