Fwd: rejection of pocketsphinx

David Huggins-Daines dhuggins at cs.cmu.edu
Tue Sep 15 17:17:29 BST 2009

Siegfried-A. Gevatter wrote:
> I'm rejecting pocketsphinx as it does contain a copy of the LGPL license,
> please request upstream add it so that they comply with the license.

I don't understand this.  Did he mean to say that it does *not* contain
a copy of the LGPL?

Very confused. Do I have to make a new upstream release just to include
(or not include) a copy of the LGPL?

PocketSphinx is (new) BSD licensed.  The GStreamer plugin that comes
with it is LGPL.  If that makes the whole thing LGPL I don't mind.  Can
you just take the fact that thte LGPL conditions are included in a
header file as indication of my intent to include the LGPL text with the
package?

This is ridiculous.