rejecting zope.i18n from NEW queue

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 15 04:00:28 BST 2009

Hi Matthias,

The zope-i18n package uploaded to Ubuntu NEW has been rejected because the
debian/copyright file states the following:

 # Copyright (c) 2004 Zope Corporation and Contributors.
 # All Rights Reserved.
 #
 # This software is subject to the provisions of the Zope Public License,
 # Version 2.1 (ZPL).  A copy of the ZPL should accompany this distribution.
 # THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND ANY AND ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
 # WARRANTIES ARE DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED
 # WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS
 # FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

I can't find a copy of the ZPL in the package, the text is not included in
debian/copyright, and this is not one of the licenses that can be referred
to via /usr/share/common-licenses.  So since this doesn't give us any way to
verify the terms of distribution of the software, I can only reject it.

This package would also appear to require a feature freeze exception, and I
don't see a bug open for that.

Please provide a policy-compliant debian/copyright and request a feature
freeze exception (from ubuntu-release if this needs to go to main, from
motu-release if it's to go to universe) if this needs to be included in
karmic.