[Bug 486157] Re: Merge xtide 2.10-2 (universe) from Debian testing (main)
steve.langasek at canonical.com
Wed Dec 9 19:21:22 GMT 2009
Your changelog entry for the merge now just says:
* Merge from debian testing, remaining changes:
- debian/changelog: carry along notes on old Ubuntu changes.
Sorry, that wasn't my point - my question was, there are lots of other
*changes* listed in the Ubuntu package, and these changes are not
mentioned as having been merged in the Debian version, so why are they
being dropped as part of the sync?
I'm looking here for an answer like:
- the changes were actually all merged in the Debian package, but just weren't shown in the changelog
- the changes are obsolete and should be dropped because ____
- the changes are still applicable, but have been rejected by Debian/upstream and the issue they fix is so minor that it's not worth carrying a delta for.
Analyzing the package myself, here are the conclusions I've reached
about the changes mentioned in the latest changelog entry:
* debian/changelog: carry along notes on old Ubuntu changes. All
except the here mentioned are now part of the Debian version.
no-op; we don't carry Ubuntu deltas *just* for changelog entries, so if
this were the only thing left, it would be a sync. (I wouldn't have even
included a changelog entry about this.)
* debian/copyright: add icon copyright info.
Fixed in 2.10-2, as mentioned.
- versioned build-depends on debhelper >= 5.0.51~ due to the use
of dh_icons in debian/rules.
superseded by Debian, which build-depends on debhelper 7.
- ubuntu maintainer mangling.
- add suggests: xtide-wvs1-data, the Ubuntu package containing the
* Drop xtide-wvs1-data from Suggests, use xtide-coastline instead.
integrated in the Debian package (again with no mention in the Debian
* debian/xtide.conf: add /usr/share/xtide-wvs1 to specify where
to find optional shoreline data.
This seems to actually be a typo, the directory added is /usr/share
/xtide-wvs, not /usr/share/xtide-wvs1. And Debian has that change also,
again not documented in the changelog.
So yes, it appears this is suitable for a sync instead of a merge - do
you agree with this analysis?
Merge xtide 2.10-2 (universe) from Debian testing (main)
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Package Archive Administrators, which is a direct subscriber.
More information about the ubuntu-archive