Rejecting monobristol from NEW

Steve Langasek steve.langasek at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 27 08:50:10 BST 2009

Hi Stefan,

I'm rejecting the monobristol package from the Ubuntu NEW queue.  The
debian/copyright file you've included does not meet the requirements of the
GPL:

    6. Conveying Non-Source Forms.

    You may convey a covered work in object code form under the terms
  of sections 4 and 5, provided that you also convey the
  machine-readable Corresponding Source under the terms of this License

  [...]

    4. Conveying Verbatim Copies.

    You may convey verbatim copies of the Program's source code as you
  receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously and
  appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice;
  keep intact all notices stating that this License and any
  non-permissive terms added in accord with section 7 apply to the code;
  keep intact all notices of the absence of any warranty; and give all
  recipients a copy of this License along with the Program.

The debian/copyright file you've provided does not include a warranty
disclaimer, so binaries built from this package are not legal to distribute.

Please fix the debian/copyright file to include the correct warranty
disclaimer for this license.