[Bug 204873] [NEW] Please backport postgresql-8.3 (8.3.1-1) from Hardy to Gutsy/Feisty
ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Mar 21 23:00:17 GMT 2008
Public bug reported:
Backport tested fine and fixes a large number of bugs relative to the
previous 8.3 backport.
postgresql-8.3 (8.3.1-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream bugfix release:
- Repair corner-case bugs in "VACUUM FULL".
- Fix misbehavior of foreign key checks involving character or bit
- Avoid needless deadlock failures in no-op foreign-key checks.
- Fix possible core dump when re-planning a prepared query.
- Fix possible failure when re-planning a query that calls an
- Fix failure in row-wise comparisons involving columns of different
- Fix longstanding "LISTEN"/"NOTIFY" race condition.
- Disallow "LISTEN" and "UNLISTEN" within a prepared transaction
This was formerly allowed but trying to do it had various
unpleasant consequences, notably that the originating backend could
not exit as long as an "UNLISTEN" remained uncommitted.
- Disallow dropping a temporary table within a prepared transaction
This was correctly disallowed by 8.1, but the check was
inadvertently broken in 8.2 and 8.3.
- Fix rare crash when an error occurs during a query using a hash
- Fix incorrect comparison of tsquery values.
- Fix incorrect behavior of LIKE with non-ASCII characters in
single-byte encodings. (Closes: #469180)
- Disable xmlvalidate. This function should have been removed before 8.3
release, but was inadvertently left in the source code. It poses a small
security risk since unprivileged users could use it to read the first
few characters of any file accessible to the server.
- Fix memory leaks in certain usages of set-returning functions.
- Make encode(bytea, 'escape') convert all high-bit-set byte values
into \"nnn" octal escape sequences.
This is necessary to avoid encoding problems when the database
encoding is multi-byte. This change could pose compatibility issues
for applications that are expecting specific results from encode.
- Fix input of datetime values for February 29 in years BC.
The former coding was mistaken about which years were leap years.
. Fix "unrecognized node type" error in some variants of "ALTER
- Avoid tablespace permissions errors in "CREATE TABLE LIKE INCLUDING
- Ensure pg_stat_activity.waiting flag is cleared when a lock wait is
- Fix ecpg problems with arrays.
- Fix pg_ctl to correctly extract the postmaster's port number from
command-line options. Previously, pg_ctl start -w could try to contact
the postmaster on the wrong port, leading to bogus reports of startup
failure. (Closes: #358546)
- Use "-fwrapv" to defend against possible misoptimization in recent
gcc versions (4.3 and later).
- Remove erroneous 'S' from Should-Stop.
- Require $remote_fs for startup, since postgresql needs /usr.
- Thanks to Petter Reinholdtsen!
- (Closes: #470935)
-- Martin Pitt <mpitt at debian.org> Sat, 15 Mar 2008 18:39:36 +01
** Affects: feisty-backports
Status: In Progress
** Affects: gutsy-backports
Status: In Progress
** Also affects: feisty-backports
Please backport postgresql-8.3 (8.3.1-1) from Hardy to Gutsy/Feisty
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Package Archive Administrators, which is a direct subscriber.
More information about the ubuntu-archive