[Bug 248183] [NEW] Please sync policycoreutils 2.0.49-2 (universe) from Debian unstable (main).
Launchpad Bug Tracker
248183 at bugs.launchpad.net
Sun Jul 13 19:03:27 BST 2008
You have been subscribed to a public bug by Scott Kitterman (kitterman):
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Please sync policycoreutils 2.0.49-2 (universe) from Debian unstable
Explanation of the Ubuntu delta and why it can be dropped:
Discussed with kees and agreed we want to rebase on the Debian packages
and work from there.
Changelog since current intrepid version 2.0.43-0ubuntu2:
policycoreutils (2.0.49-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Fix some more changes for Bug#472351 (missed places where we still
referred to sepolgen, not python-sepolgen). In retrospect, perhaps
renaming sepolgen was not such a hot idea.
-- Manoj Srivastava <srivasta at debian.org> Sat, 07 Jun 2008 16:15:15
policycoreutils (2.0.49-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream point release from subversion
- Remove security_check_context calls for prefix validation from
- Change setfiles and restorecon to not relabel if the file already
has the correct context value even if -F/force is specified.
- Update semanage man page for booleans from Dan Walsh.
- Add further error checking to seobject.py for setting booleans.
- Update audit2allow to report dontaudit cases from Dan Walsh.
- Fix semanage port to use --proto from Caleb Case.
* Record the fact that this package has moved to a new git repository.
* Update the package for the new version of policy
* Move to the new, make -j friendly targets in debian/rules.
* Bug fix: "policycoreutils: audit2why fails with error", thanks to Max
Kosmach. Depend on python-sepolgen (name change) (Closes: #478489).
* Bug fix: "policycoreutils: audit2allow fails with python error",
thanks to Laurens Blankers. The dependency above fixes this too
-- Manoj Srivastava <srivasta at debian.org> Fri, 06 Jun 2008 13:48:37
policycoreutils (2.0.44-2) unstable; urgency=low
* Bug fix: "policycoreutils: bashism in /bin/sh script", thanks to
Raphael Geissert. Closes: Bug#473689
* Bug fix: "/usr/sbin/semanage: python2.5 is needed to run scripts",
thanks to Vaclav Ovsik. The heavy lifting was all his.
-- Manoj Srivastava <srivasta at debian.org> Wed, 02 Apr 2008 23:15:31
policycoreutils (2.0.44-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release
* Fixed semodule to correctly handle error when unable to create a handle.
* Merged fix fixfiles option processing from Vaclav Ovsik.
* Make semodule_expand use sepol_set_expand_consume_base to reduce
peak memory usage.
* Merged audit2why fix and semanage boolean --on/--off/-1/-0 support
from Dan Walsh.
* Merged a second fixfiles -C fix from Marshall Miller.
* Merged fixfiles -C fix from Marshall Miller.
* Merged audit2allow cleanups and boolean descriptions from Dan Walsh.
* Merged setfiles -0 support by Benny Amorsen via Dan Walsh.
* Merged fixfiles fixes and support for ext4 and gfs2 from Dan Walsh.
* Merged replacement for audit2why from Dan Walsh.
* Merged update to chcat, fixfiles, and semanage scripts from Dan Walsh.
* Merged support for non-interactive newrole command invocation from
* Update Makefile to not build restorecond if
/usr/include/sys/inotify.h is not present
* Drop verbose output on fixfiles -C from Dan Walsh.
* Fix argument handling in fixfiles from Dan Walsh.
* Enhance boolean support in semanage, including using the .xml
description when available, from Dan Walsh.
* load_policy initial load option from Chad Sellers.
* Fix semodule option handling from Dan Walsh.
* Add deleteall support for ports and fcontexts in semanage from Dan Walsh.
* Add genhomedircon script to invoke semodule -Bn from Dan Walsh.
* Update semodule man page for -D from Dan Walsh.
* Add boolean, locallist, deleteall, and store support to semanage
from Dan Walsh.
-- Manoj Srivastava <srivasta at debian.org> Tue, 18 Mar 2008 02:09:27
policycoreutils (2.0.27-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release
* Improve semodule reporting of system errors from Stephen Smalley.
* Fix setfiles selabel option flag setting for 64-bit from Stephen
* Remove genhomedircon script (functionality is now provided
within libsemanage) from Todd Miller.
* Fix genhomedircon searching for USER from Todd Miller
* Install run_init with mode 0755 from Dan Walsh.
* Fix chcat from Dan Walsh.
* Fix fixfiles pattern expansion and error reporting from Dan Walsh.
* Optimize genhomedircon to compile regexes once from Dan Walsh.
* Fix semanage gettext call from Dan Walsh.
* Disable dontaudits via semodule -D
* Rebase setfiles to use new labeling interface.
* Fixed setsebool (falling through to error path on success).
* Merged genhomedircon fixes from Dan Walsh.
* Merged setfiles -c usage fix from Dan Walsh.
* Merged restorecon fix from Yuichi Nakamura.
* Dropped -lsepol where no longer needed.
* Merge newrole support for alternate pam configs from Ted X Toth.
* Merged merging of restorecon into setfiles from Stephen Smalley.
* Merged genhomedircon fix to find conflicting directories correctly
from Dan Walsh.
* Fix the validation template for semanage from
system_u:object_r:%s_home_t to system_u:object_r:%s_home_t:s0, since
otherwie the context was always invalid. Reported by Russell Coker.
* Alignment errors reported against policycoreutils were actually bugs
in the underlying libselinux, and have been fixed in the latest
versions. Closes: Bug#405975
* Fixed the wrong path in the example in the man page for audit2why.
Reported by Hans Spaans Closes: Bug#458511
* The new upstream versions also fixes problems in chcat, duplicating
the fix in the NMU (thanks) for bug#440474
* Fixed typos in se_dpkg man page, thanks to Justin Pryzby.
-- Manoj Srivastava <srivasta at debian.org> Wed, 06 Feb 2008 15:31:30 -0600
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
** Affects: policycoreutils (Ubuntu)
Please sync policycoreutils 2.0.49-2 (universe) from Debian unstable (main).
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu Package Archive Administrators, which is a direct subscriber.
More information about the ubuntu-archive