[Bug 121488] Please sync xapian-bindings (universe) from Debian unstable (main)
stevenk at debian.org
Thu Jun 21 05:04:53 BST 2007
Public bug reported:
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Please sync xapian-bindings (universe) from Debian unstable (main).
Explanation of the Ubuntu delta and why it can be dropped:
The two Ubuntu changes were to drop the php4-xapian package, which has been dropped upstream (and handled nicely too, I might add), and the Maintainer spec change to debian/control which isn't needed anymore. It builds and installs fine inside a Gutsy chroot.
Changelog since current gutsy version 0.9.9-1.1ubuntu1:
xapian-bindings (1.0.1-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release.
* php4-xapian and php5-xapian now make use of the (relatively) new
/etc/phpN/conf.d mechanism to enable the xapian extension automatically,
instead of modifying php.ini directly (after checking that's OK using
debconf). Backports to Debian oldstable, and to Ubuntu etch and earlier,
now require the user to add "extension=xapian.so" to php.ini by hand,
so backports where this is required now include a README.Debian which
* debian/rules: Upstream build now generates .pyo so we need to tell
dh_install that we don't want to package it.
-- Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> Tue, 12 Jun 2007 02:21:14 +0100
xapian-bindings (1.0.0-1) unstable; urgency=low
* New upstream release.
* New debconf translations:
- Malayalam. Closes: #418032
- Dutch. Closes: #423066
* debian/rules: Debian unstable has dropped PHP4 support, so don't build
php4-xapian for it. Closes: #424809
* debian/rules,debian/php4-xapian.install,debian/php5-install: Install and
package xapian.php which is handy for PHP4 and vital for PHP5.
* debian/rules: Update now there's a new stable release. Keep support for
oldstable for the time being, in case someone wants to backport.
* debian/patch: Changes included upstream so remove.
* debian/patch: Add new patches to fix "package require xapian" issues for
Tcl example scripts.
* debian/copyright: Update.
* debian/rules: We don't need to pass --mandir or --infodir to configure
as the values we explicitly set are the defaults anyway (and we don't
have any documentation in "info" format).
* debian/rules: Avoid Lintian's uses-dh-python-with-no-pycompat warning -
for now we want to keep the call to dh_python for backports.
-- Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> Tue, 29 May 2007 14:13:14 +0100
xapian-bindings (0.9.9-2) unstable; urgency=low
* ACK NMU - thanks Christian!
* debian/rules: Fix how we determine the phpapi version to depend on.
The previous way was technically wrong, but got the right answer
for Debian unstable, and for Ubuntu dapper and edgy (Debian sarge was
* debian/po/nb.po: New debconf translation from Hans Fredrik Nordhaug
* debian/rules: Ubuntu feisty has dropped php4 support.
-- Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> Wed, 28 Mar 2007 03:02:50 +0000
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
** Affects: xapian-bindings (Ubuntu)
Please sync xapian-bindings (universe) from Debian unstable (main)
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Ubuntu
Package Archive Administrators, which is a direct subscriber.
More information about the ubuntu-archive