reconstructor rejected

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Jul 6 16:30:13 BST 2007

hi Cesare,

Tollef Fog Heen [2007-07-02 15:55 +0200]:
> I have just rejected your reconstructor upload.  It ships .mo files
> (which, like the rest of the package is under the GPL), without
> shipping the preferred form of modification (.po files).

Unfortunately I have to reject your second upload again. Adding the PO
files as a single big patch is ugly, not discoverable, and doesn't
actually help to make the orig.tar.gz redistributable.

Please put the .po files right into the orig.tar.gz. Preferably the
.mo files should disappear and get built during 'make', since
otherwise it is very hard for translators to actually improve the
translations.

If the build system does not support that, it is acceptable to just
include the .po files.

Anyway, this is something that upstream needs to fix, too. Can you
please poke them? You can upload a modified orig.tar.gz in the
meantime.

Thank you,

Martin

--