[Launchpad Wiki] Update of "Soyuz/NativeSourceSyncing" by CelsoProvidelo

Launchpad Wiki webmaster at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 2 16:02:27 BST 2007

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Launchpad Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by CelsoProvidelo:
https://launchpad.canonical.com/Soyuz/NativeSourceSyncing

The comment on the change is:
more comments.

     * All BinaryPackageRelease generated by the found Build are included
     * ...

+ CelsoProvidelo: As agreed with ColinWatson on IRC, we don't need the fulfill upload queue information to move publications from one pocket to another w/o rebuild (the first use case). It can happen in a similar way we do overrides (changes-overrides.py) we could simply create a new publishing record to the targeted pocket, so there will be traces of this operation only in publishing-land.
+
  == UI Changes  ==

  === Command-line script ===
@@ -58, +60 @@

  The command-line tool should be based on LaunchpadScript infrastructure and respect the following format:

  {{{
-  $ package-sync.py [-d DISTRIBUTION] [-s SUITE] <SOURCENAME> [-e SOURCEVERSION] [-b] [--move] <--to-suite SUITE> [--to-distribution DISTRIBUTION]
+  $ copy-package.py [-d DISTRIBUTION] [-s SUITE] <SOURCENAME> [-e SOURCEVERSION] [-b] <--to-suite SUITE> [--to-distribution DISTRIBUTION]

  -d DISTRIBUTION   -> from-distribution (default: ubuntu)

@@ -68, +70 @@

  -b                -> include or not binaries (default: false)

- --move            -> whether or not to supersede (remove) the original publication (default: false)
-
  --to-distribution -> to-distribution (default: ubuntu)

  --to-suite        -> to-suite
  }}}
- CelsoProvidelo: when using --move, the original record(s) will be marked as SUPERSEDED but they will only be dominated when a new publication happens in that suite.
+
+ CelsoProvidelo: We can land this script with partial functionality, for instance only copying stuff from one pocket to another. This way we could quickly sort quickly only the uncovered functionality (BACKPORTS -> UPDATES w/o rebuild and SECURITY -> UPDATES propagation).
+
+ CelsoProvidelo: We will operate in COPY mode only, when necessary the old record should be explicitly removed using remove-package.py.
+
  CelsoProvidelo: Archive support support should be included when PPA lands.
+
- CelsoProvidelo: Overrides support can be included here, but it's not mandatory, see Unresolved Issues section.
+ CelsoProvidelo: Overrides support can be included here, but it's not mandatory, they can continue to be done via change-override.py. See Unresolved Issues section.

  === Launchpad Web UI ===