[Launchpad Wiki] Update of "Soyuz/NativeSourceSyncing" by CelsoProvidelo
webmaster at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 2 16:02:27 BST 2007
Dear Wiki user,
You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Launchpad Wiki" for change notification.
The following page has been changed by CelsoProvidelo:
The comment on the change is:
* All BinaryPackageRelease generated by the found Build are included
+ CelsoProvidelo: As agreed with ColinWatson on IRC, we don't need the fulfill upload queue information to move publications from one pocket to another w/o rebuild (the first use case). It can happen in a similar way we do overrides (changes-overrides.py) we could simply create a new publishing record to the targeted pocket, so there will be traces of this operation only in publishing-land.
== UI Changes ==
=== Command-line script ===
@@ -58, +60 @@
The command-line tool should be based on LaunchpadScript infrastructure and respect the following format:
- $ package-sync.py [-d DISTRIBUTION] [-s SUITE] <SOURCENAME> [-e SOURCEVERSION] [-b] [--move] <--to-suite SUITE> [--to-distribution DISTRIBUTION]
+ $ copy-package.py [-d DISTRIBUTION] [-s SUITE] <SOURCENAME> [-e SOURCEVERSION] [-b] <--to-suite SUITE> [--to-distribution DISTRIBUTION]
-d DISTRIBUTION -> from-distribution (default: ubuntu)
@@ -68, +70 @@
-b -> include or not binaries (default: false)
- --move -> whether or not to supersede (remove) the original publication (default: false)
--to-distribution -> to-distribution (default: ubuntu)
--to-suite -> to-suite
- CelsoProvidelo: when using --move, the original record(s) will be marked as SUPERSEDED but they will only be dominated when a new publication happens in that suite.
+ CelsoProvidelo: We can land this script with partial functionality, for instance only copying stuff from one pocket to another. This way we could quickly sort quickly only the uncovered functionality (BACKPORTS -> UPDATES w/o rebuild and SECURITY -> UPDATES propagation).
+ CelsoProvidelo: We will operate in COPY mode only, when necessary the old record should be explicitly removed using remove-package.py.
CelsoProvidelo: Archive support support should be included when PPA lands.
- CelsoProvidelo: Overrides support can be included here, but it's not mandatory, see Unresolved Issues section.
+ CelsoProvidelo: Overrides support can be included here, but it's not mandatory, they can continue to be done via change-override.py. See Unresolved Issues section.
=== Launchpad Web UI ===
More information about the ubuntu-archive