sysinfo for dapper-updates rejected

Scott James Remnant scott at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 3 13:27:45 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 11:03 +0200, Szilveszter Farkas wrote:

> please let me describe the situation. I'm the maintainer of the
> sysinfo package. We got 2 bugs during the RC stage of dapper release,
> so the fixes couldn't make it to dapper. That's why I made packages
> for dapper-updates. I got several suggestions by mdz, and then, the
> package was uploaded by siretart. But the package hasn't appeared in
> the archives for weeks now. siretart pointed me to keybuk, who asked
> me to poke mdz or Colin. Colin told me today on IRC, that the package
> was manually rejected. I just want to ask why? If it's a packaging
> issue, I'd like to correct it, and have it uploaded. The new version
> fixes 2 bugs, both fixes are confirmed to work well.

It was rejected because after two weeks, nobody had approved it.  I'd
asked siretart about it back then, and I figured that the lack of
response was a lack of approval.

You should generally seek approval for dapper-updates *before* you
upload.

If you get approval, make sure that this list is Cc'd, and upload again.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant
scott at ubuntu.com