Re: مشروع دفع عجله الترجمه العربيه

n.a. nad at sirbe.com
Wed Aug 27 00:49:06 BST 2008

> Nad,
> I got what you mean :-)
> I'm not sure where are you from and how would others interpret that
> sentence but in Arabia we do have certain cultural that we share
> regardless of religious affairs.

I'm a native Arabic speaker myself.

> On the other side you were talking about striping religious and local
> cultural terms from translations and what you included in your example
> wasn't a translate but a blog post and has nothing to do with
> translation.

My bad. But I don't see folks on any English speaking community
(Ubuntu related)
saying "God's willing" or referencing anything remotely religious on
official pages,
community boards or ubuntu hosted blogs. I'm trying not to get into
splitting
hair and getting out of topic since I'm sure we all understand the
difference between
Arabic as a language and using it for translation and 'Arabia' and its
people, cultures,
customs, norms, habits, religions ..etc.

> Finally, I would like to welcome you in our mailing list and we would
> love it if you could introduce yourself, I'm sure we can work together
> in many areas, we have couple of westerns who speaks Arabic and they
> are giving some serious feedback.

Thank you Jad. Not much to say about myself other than I'm no
*westerner*,
I'm as Arab as they come and I've spoken Arabic and other languages
since
I can remember.

Thanks again and best of luck friend,

~n