Light reading : Technical terms - translate or not translate?

Abstract thikrat at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 13:40:03 BST 2008

Khaled,

Yes, that makes perfect sense, as many words in English have Arabic roots as
well.  I believe it's common
and no fault or weakness of a language to make use of some words from
another.  However, I do suggest
that classical Arabic be used as a Moroccan user may not completely get
"Baas" because they use a combination of Arabic with French influence, but
they do understand the classical Arabic term.  You ever tried asking for a
mobile phone in the middle east?  There are 4 words
for it, but everyone seems to understand 5elewi.