[ubuntu-ar] video

Carlos Vergine cvergine at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 1 21:36:42 GMT 2009

hace tiempo lo hice andar cone sta misma placa y un fedora.

esto es exactamente lo que me pasa ahora:

PROBLEM 1:- Second Life fails to start up, with a warning on the console like:
   'Error creating window.' or
   'Unable to create window, be sure screen is set at 32-bit color' or
   'SDL: Couldn't find matching GLX visual.'
SOLUTION:- Usually this indicates that your graphics card does not meet
   the minimum requirements, or that your system's OpenGL 3D graphics driver is
   not updated and configured correctly.  If you believe that your graphics
   card DOES meet the minimum requirements then you likely need to install the
   official so-called 'non-free' nVidia or ATI (fglrx) graphics drivers; we
   suggest one of the following options:
 * Consult your Linux distribution's documentation for installing these
   official drivers.  For example, Ubuntu provides documentation here:

 * If your distribution does not make it easy, then you can download the
   required Linux drivers straight from your graphics card manufacturer:
   - nVidia cards:
   - ATI cards:

Carlos .-