Where to app development discussion

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Fri May 29 09:24:54 UTC 2015

Hello everybody,

on developer.ubuntu.com/community and elsewhere we currently send app
developers to the ubuntu-phone@ mailing list. As you all know this list
is quite high-traffic at times.

This is fine for people who work on the phone image or on system or core
apps. Everyone in that category is probably used to long email threads
and needs to be up to date. This might not be the case for new 3rd party
app developers though.

We've had the ubuntu-app-devel list (on lists.u.c) for a while as well
and it's much lower traffic and might be more easily digestible,
especially for new folks.

I'd like to get a feel for how everyone feels about the status quo right
now. The question would be: where do we want to send 3rd party app
developers for both questions and announcements.

With the help of Alan I set up a straw poll at:

	https://strawpoll.me/4482403

Thanks in advance.

Have a great day,
 Daniel