[Ubuntu-phone] New SDK and UI Toolkit releases

Robert Schroll rschroll at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 06:35:49 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 3:42 PM, Zoltán Balogh
<zoltan.balogh at canonical.com> wrote:
> 2. The UITK is back on Precise
>
> We had a long pending problem with releasing the 12.04 backport of
> the UI Toolkit due to a cluster of difficultes. We had to backport
> several dependencies and tackle with the fact hat the UI Toolkit is a
> fast moving on the edge project where we use the latest bits from the
> 14.04 development. Given that, keeping the 12.04 edition of the UI
> Toolkit is at least challenging.

Several of us have found that we are unable to complete the upgrade to
the current packages on 12.04.  The
qtdeclarative5-ubuntu-ui-toolkit-plugin package is stuck at
0.1.46+13.10.20130925.1bzr780precise0, with
0.1.46+14.04.20131216-0ubuntu1-0precise1 listed as available.  However,
installing this would require the removal of cordova-ubuntu-2.8,
cordova-ubuntu-2.8-examples, qtcreator-plugin-ubuntu,
qtdeclarative5-cordova-2.8-plugin,
qtdeclarative5-ubuntu-ui-extras-browser-plugin, ubuntu-html5-container,
ubuntu-sdk, and ubuntu-ui-toolkit-examples.  I'm assuming that I don't
want to do that.  (If I do, please say so.)

This leaves the SDK in a somewhat broken state.  It seems that any app
that uses a Toolbar produces the warning,
> Connections: Cannot assign to non-existent property
> "onSelectedIndexChanged"
None of the headers shows up, either.  I've also gotten several seg
faults while tracking down other issues, but I don't know where the
blame lies for that.

Let me know if there's more info I can give you,
Robert