Python and binary uploads

John Pugh john.pugh at canonical.com
Thu Oct 25 14:07:57 UTC 2012

On 10/24/2012 05:18 PM, Thomas Collingwood wrote:
> I have a Python application that I'd like to sell on App Developer as a
> binary, using bb-freeze (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/bbfreeze). To do
> this will I need to upload both 32 & 64bit binary builds (in a .deb?),
> or just upload source code and instructions on how to build the executable?

If you will be licensing under a "proprietary" license, simply compress
the pre-built binaries into one file and we will package it up for you.
If this is a open source licensed app, then you can either provide the
source with the binaries and we'll include it or you can include
instruction on how to gain access to the source (depending on the
license stipulations).

In either case, providing the binaries in a single compressed file is
desirable over a binary deb.

Also ensure you follow the direction for running the app as spelled out
in http://developer.ubuntu.com/publish/

Thanks...JP