My application is still Pending review

James Gifford james at jamesrgifford.com
Thu Nov 1 19:10:48 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Alan Bell <alanbell at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On 01/11/12 19:01, James Gifford wrote:
>
>> No clue, but it is what it is. Ubuntu can't be competitive with anything
>> greater than a 30 day delay between submission and publishing/rejection.
>>
>>  yeah, that isn't great, but most of these applications have comments on
> and are awaiting the author's action (from my brief random sampling)

If the author doesn't have an interest in developing anymore, than well, it
should be removed - right now, it's clutter. And I don't think either of us
is seeing the full picture, since the ones I took a peek at were all
waiting on the reviewers.

>  But, I'm sure the folks at Canonical are well aware of that, and I hope
>> that they can rectify it in a timely fashion. There are a lot of other
>> folks who were part of the Ubuntu app showdown a few months back, and they
>> haven't been published yet either.
>>
>>  this isn't the Canonical app submission thing for commercial
> applications, this is the community staffed application review board - and
> from this page it does look like they are struggling.

Is there a difference? If so, what is the difference? I can't seem to find
anything that mentions this difference, but then again, I'm not as in-touch
with this part as I might be otherwise unfortunately. :(

And then lastly, while I don't want to hijack this thread, if there is
anything the larger community can do to help out, what is it?

Thanks,
James Gifford

Alan.