How to override the installation path for python package

Tualatrix Chou tualatrix at gmail.com
Wed May 23 16:16:44 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 5:18 PM, David Planella
<david.planella at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Al 23/05/12 10:43, En/na Tualatrix Chou ha escrit:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have read a guide about package for submitting to Software Center
>> before, like write override rule in debian/rules, so that the package
>> can be installed to /opt/extras.ubuntu.com <http://extras.ubuntu.com>
>>
>> But I can't find it any more, could any one tell me where I can find it?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> --
>> Tualatrix Chou
>> http://imtx.me
>>

> Hi Tualatrix,
>
> I believe that documentation is on
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AppReviewBoard, but I could not find it, either.
>
> In any case, you can see some of the changes required in the
> modifications Andrew Starr-Bochicchio did to this branch:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~andrewsomething/qreator/arb-packaging
>
> Also beware of this:
>
> http://askubuntu.com/questions/140552/how-to-make-glade-load-translations-from-opt
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> Cheers,
> David.

Hi David,

Thank you very much. The links worked for me, and I also solved the
issue of "glade locale".

The only issue is from "policykit", it seems it doesn't deal with
locale correctly.

If I open Ubuntu Tweak in non-English locale, then select Tweaks ->
Login Window, click "Unlock", the policykit dialog will be mixed by
current locale and English. it is a policykit remote dialog. (See
http://paste.ubuntu.org.cn/133957)

My arb-package is here:
https://launchpad.net/~tualatrix/+archive/arb-packaging/, here's the
branch: https://code.launchpad.net/~tualatrix/ubuntu-tweak/arb-packaging

And this is the original package:
https://launchpad.net/~tualatrix/+archive/next/, it is ok with
policykit locale.

I'm not sure this can be solved in my side or must be done in
upstream, since few of third party apps use policykit.

Could you give some advice? Thanks.