Packaging in python

Allison Randal allison at lohutok.net
Wed Feb 22 18:04:14 UTC 2012

Hi Víctor,

On 02/22/2012 09:49 AM, Víctor Fernández wrote:
> Hello. I'm get ready my app to submit to Ubuntu ARB, but I don't know
> how to make that debian/rules install my package to a python path. How
> will it do?

Is this for Guallet, or for another app? For Guallet, you can see the
changes I made during the initial review in the bzr branch
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~allison/+junk/extras-guallet/files.
Specifically, the debian/rules file should have the following lines to
install all libraries and binaries under /opt:

======
PKGDIR=opt/extras.ubuntu.com/guallet

%:
        dh $@ --with python2

override_dh_auto_install:
        dh_auto_install -- --install-lib=/$(PKGDIR)/
--install-scripts=/$(PKGDIR)/bin/
======

Other apps will have similar debian/rules files, just change PKGDIR to
"opt/extras.ubuntu.com/<packagename>". For apps that aren't Python apps,
you can also drop "--with python2".

Hope this helps,
Allison