python lib / class to animate widgets?

David Planella david.planella at
Wed Feb 15 10:15:23 UTC 2012

Al 15/02/12 10:01, En/na Lövei Róbert ha escrit:
> Yes I would like to move, fadein / out (change alpha on) Gtk widgets.

Hi Róbert,

Rick answered your questions already, but you might also want to check
out Clutter for animations. Here are some examples from the Clutter

The API documentation on the Clutter site is for C applications, but it
shouldn't be too difficult to figure out the equivalent Python functions
and all the rest, based on the docs and experimenting with ipython.

In order to get set up for using Clutter with Python and GTK, you'll
need to install the 'libclutter-gtk-1.0-dev' package in Ubuntu (e.g. run
'sudo apt-get install libclutter-gtk-1.0-dev' on a terminal).

You'll also find a simple Clutter example with Python here:

> Python is new for me and Ubuntu app development too. I'm playing with
> quickly, python and glade to become familiar with it.

That's excellent, let us know how it goes and feel free to ask any

> Can I ask here about how to structure my python code in Ubuntu apps? I
> think its a more python related question, but I hope You can give me
> instructions.
> Thanks,
> Robert
> On 2012-02-15 09:09, Rick Spencer wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Can you tell us more about what you are trying to do? Are you trying
>> to animate Gtk widgets?
>> Cheers, Rick
>> On 02/14/2012 11:53 PM, Lövei Róbert wrote:
>>> Hello Everybody!
>>> Is there a class or library to create animations in my app with python,
>>> like slide, fade, etc...?
>>> Thanks

David Planella
Ubuntu Translations Coordinator / /