How to Comply with This Clause in the Ubuntu Developer Programme Agreement?

Nathan Osman nathan.osman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 07:44:06 UTC 2011

(What is written below is taken from this Ask Ubuntu
question<http://askubuntu.com/questions/78136/how-to-comply-with-this-guideline-for-submitting-an-application-to-the-software>
of
mine.)

I was reading through the Ubuntu Developer Programme
Agreement<https://myapps.developer.ubuntu.com/dev/agreements/new/>for
submitting applications to the Software Center and stubled across the
following clause:

3.1 You must first test Apps you submit to confirm they are compatible with
all currently supported versions of Ubuntu (as listed on Canonical's
website at the date of submission by you) and your Apps must comply with
the Publishing Policy.

Does this mean I must install both the 32 and 64 bit versions of Ubuntu
8.04, 10.04, 10.10, 11.04, and 11.10? If so, that's *10* installations of
Ubuntu - is that really feasible (even with virtual machines)?

I have begun setting up `chroot` environments for compiling and testing the
applications. Is this considered testing and therefore satisfies the
requirements of the license agreement?

- Nathan