Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS released

Kate Stewart kate.stewart at canonical.com
Fri Feb 18 02:52:05 UTC 2011

“I am in the present. I cannot know what tomorrow will bring forth. I
can know only what the truth is for me today. That is what I am called
upon to serve, and I serve it in all lucidity.” - Igor Stravinsky

The Ubuntu team is proud to announce the release of Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS,
the second maintenance update to Ubuntu's 10.04 LTS release.  This
release includes updated server, desktop, alternate installation CDs
and DVDs for the i386 and amd64 architectures.

The Kubuntu team is proud to announce the release of Kubuntu 10.04.2.
This release includes updated images for the desktop, alternate installation
CDs and DVDs for the i386 and amd64 architectures.

The Xubuntu team is proud to announce the release of Xubuntu 10.04.2.
This release includes the desktop and alternate installation CDs for
the i386 and amd64 architectures.

Numerous updates have been integrated, and updated installation
media has been provided so that fewer updates will need to be downloaded
after installation. These include security updates and corrections for
other high-impact bugs, with a focus on maintaining stability and
compatibility with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

To Get Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS
-------------------------

To download Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS visit:

desktop: http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download
server:  http://www.ubuntu.com/server/get-ubuntu/download

We recommend that all users read the release notes, which document
caveats and workarounds for known issues. They are available at:

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/releasenotes/1004

To get Kubuntu 10.04.2 visit:

http://www.kubuntu.org

To get Xubuntu 10.04.2 visit:

http://www.xubuntu.org/getubuntu

About Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS
------------------------

This is the second maintenance release of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, which
continues to be supported with maintenance updates and security fixes
until April 2013 on desktops and April 2015 on servers.

Numerous post-release updates have been integrated, and a number of
bugs in the installation system have been corrected. These include
security updates and corrections for other high-impact bugs, with a
focus on maintaining stability and compatibility with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

See http://www.ubuntu.com/usn for a full list of Ubuntu security
updates.

See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu for specific information about a
particular bug number. A complete list of post-release updates
since 10.04.2 is available at:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LucidLynx/ReleaseNotes/ChangeSummary/10.04.2

Helping Shape Ubuntu
--------------------

If you would like to help shape Ubuntu, take a look at the list of ways
you can participate at:

http://www.ubuntu.com/community/participate/

About Ubuntu
------------

Ubuntu is a full-featured Linux distribution for desktops, laptops,
netbooks and servers, with a fast and easy installation and regular
releases. A tightly-integrated selection of excellent applications
is included, and an incredible variety of add-on software is just
a few clicks away.

Professional services including support are available from Canonical
and hundreds of other companies around the world. For more information
about support, visit:

http://www.ubuntu.com/support

More Information

You can find out more about Ubuntu on our website:

http://www.ubuntu.com/

To sign up for future Ubuntu announcements, please subscribe to Ubuntu's
very low volume announcement list at: