Kubuntu Breezy Preview Released

Jonathan Riddell jriddell at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 8 19:47:10 CDT 2005

Kubuntu Breezy Preview [08 September 2005]

The Kubuntu 5.10 Preview is now available. This is the beta release
for the next version of Kubuntu.

New in this release is:

  - The latest KDE 3.4.2
  - OpenOffice 2 beta 2
  - X.org 6.8.2

Other new features include:

  - Krita - state of the art bitmap image editor
  - Katapult - an advanced application and item launcher
  - System Settings - a user friendly replacement for KControl
  - A simplified Konqueror profile

The Kubuntu Breezy Preview is available as Live and Install CDs for PC
(x86), 64-bit PC (AMD64) and Macintosh (PowerPC). You can download the
CD images from:

  - Europe: http://se.releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/5.10/
  - North America: http://us.releases.ubuntu.com/releases/kubuntu/5.10/
  - UK and Rest of World: http://releases.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/5.10/

Please download using bittorrent if possible to stop the server being
overloaded.

Some of the CD images are larger than 650MB, you will need to ensure
you have 700MB blank CDs and a burner capable of using them.

If you have feedback please leave a note on our Preview Comments wiki
page:

 http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/KubuntuPreviewComments

If you find a problem please check
 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KubuntuBreezyPreviewKnownProblems
and report it to
 http://bugzilla.ubuntu.com.

If you need help or have a question try asking on our mailing list
 http://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/kubuntu-users
or on our IRC channel
 #kubuntu
on freenode.

Since our first release in April the Kubuntu community has grown
rapidly. We would like to thank our increasing team of contributors
and packagers for the Universe repository, especially \sh who recently
gained full maintainership rights to the main repository. To find out
how to help the effort read:

 https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HelpingKubuntu.

The Kubuntu Breezy Preview was released at the same time as the Ubuntu
Breezy Preview, please see the Ubuntu Announcement for more details:

 http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-announce/2005-September/000031.html

Contact: Jonathan Riddell, jriddell @ubuntu.com, +44 7941938912