Announcing Ubuntu Down Under Conference

Benj. Mako Hill mako at canonical.com
Fri Feb 25 19:47:33 CST 2005

Canonical is proud to announce the second conference around the Ubuntu
conference. Most people who made it to Mataró can vouch for the fact
that it was a fun and productive experience for everyone involved.

Without further ado, here are the essential details on the next get
together:

 --> What: Ubuntu Down Under
 --> Where: Sydney, Australia
 --> When: 25 - 30 April 2005 (arrive on 24th, depart on 1st)
 --> Who: Open to the Public

Open to the public means that everyone is welcome to come, and that
means you too. That said, we are asking that people tell us they are
coming. You can find information on doing this on the page linked
below.

There's not a huge amount of information online yet but everything we
do have is here or linked from here:

  http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/UbuntuDownUnder

As we get more information, we will be updating that page.

Like last time, there is a limited amount of money for
sponsorship. Anyone is welcome to apply for sponsorship although we
will give preference to people who are active, visible, and known in
the community and who are from the general geographical area. Since
Canonical conferences move around the world but clearly can't be
everywhere, the general geographical area in this case extends to much
of East, Southeast, and South of Asia and to Australasia, and the
Pacific. More information on sponsorship is in the conference
page. All requests for sponsorship must be made no later than March
13th.

Any specific questions not answered on that page can be directed to me
personally.

Regards,
Mako

--