[Ubuntu-AE] Feedback from hangout with the LoCo Council

Neil Oosthuizen nlsthzn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 17:39:20 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Last night myself and Zulfiqar attended a Google Hangout with several
members of the Ubuntu LoCo Council.

This is the first step in a process to bring us all closer together and to
help facilitate a merging so that there can be a unified and stronger LoCo
in the UAE.  As a start I urge all members wanting to continue the cause of
promoting free and open source software via activities in the Ubuntu LoCo
to join in on the following face to face meeting if possible (details will
be made available later in the month) as well as an agreed IRC meeting also
to happen soon.

We have two diverse groups that has been striving to achieve similar goals
but in two different ways. In time I am sure the LoCo will find the optimum
way to go ahead that will satisfy the unique needs of its members.

We will be having a follow up session with the LoCo Council in about a
month (depending on how the holidays fall and availability etc.) and it is
my hope that we will be able to report positively on progress towards our
goal of unification.

Regards
Neil