Orca strange behavior in Ubuntu and RPi

Vojtěch šmiro vsmiro at seznam.cz
Tue Jan 19 15:15:22 UTC 2021

Hello,

I would like to inform you about some curious behavior of sound in
Ubuntu Mate 20.04 in Raspberry Pi 4B 4 GB and 2 GB.

If you don't like workarounds, this is not for you, (smile).

I and my friend Libor have to use external sound card if we wanted to
use Ubuntu. Libor found this curious behavior on Sunday. He allowed
internal sound card and restarted computer. The system loaded loudly and
sometimes volumed down a few percents, but not muted and Orca had sore
throat. Libor turned Orca off and played some music with VLC for minute
or two, better is two minutes in his 2 GB RPi. In my Raspberry Pi 4 GB
it didn't work, but he found, due I have many profiles in Orca, I have
to play music over four minutes. but at the end of the music, we turned
Orca on again and we can use it without Orca's sore throats. It's really
interresting. Why is this? During music play the sound is up, sometimes
down like if you have problems with your cassette. But now Ubuntu is
quicker and my RPi isn't so hot like with external sound card.

Best regards

Vojta.