Thunderbird beta in ubuntu 19.10

matthew dyer ilovecountrymusic483 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 14:31:53 UTC 2020

Morn all,

Yesterday I did a clean install of ubuntu 19.10 and since the stable version of thunderbird 68 does not work with gmail, I have to use the beta to get it working.  I have downloaded the beta 1 of 75 which is a tar file which I extracted and setup a link  to the executable file, and placed it on the desktop.  Doing some searching, I found a PPA repo which apparently  no longer works.  Is there a repo somewhere where I can get a ubuntu version of the beta version of thunderbird?  Using 19.10 as I said earlier.  Thanks.

Matthew