a mate install

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Mar 16 14:57:02 UTC 2020

I wrote earlier about mate not bringing up help when f1 key was pressed.
That problem remains.
Something else happening is configuration somehow is locked to a slow
voice and this user normally plays with a faster voice.  By locked orca
configuration I mean you can go through all of the steps to change a
configuration setting and eventually hit ok and the change you made
doesn't take.  Is a reboot necessary to bring the change in orca active?
If that doesn't work, I'd like to know what needs to be done to get these
configurations user-modifyable.