reinstalling a boot loader

Glenn At Home glennervin at cableone.net
Fri May 24 17:53:31 UTC 2019

Hi All,
I had a dual-boot system, well, a tri-boot system actually, I had one partition with Universal USB Installer, and WinPE on it, and one partition with Ubuntu on it and Windows 7 on the other.
I installed Ubuntu last and had GRUB working.
I was using an MBR scheme.
My windows 7 got some malware that affected my partition table and I had to rewrite the MBR.
But my partitions have been reclaimed, but I can no longer boot to Ubuntu.
Can anyone give me some steps to follow if I but to a live Linux on a USB drive, on how to get grub going again?
Thanks.