ubuntu mate and wireless network

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Wed Sep 19 22:52:38 UTC 2018

In terminal, run nmtui and use up and down arrows to get to activate
connection then hit enter.  Use up and down arrows and you'll be shown
the wireless connections your hardware can find.  Hit enter on one of
them and you should be asked to enter a password.  Do that, thenuse up
and down arrows to get onto quit.  Then run ping -a -c 5 www.google.com.
 If you hear five beeps, you have a live internet connection.  I hope
this helps.