Ubuntu mate 17.10 mate addition and unable to read the menus.

Alex ARNAUD alexarnaud at hypra.fr
Sun Mar 11 17:34:50 UTC 2018

Le 11/03/2018 à 18:06, Glenn At Home a écrit :
> I had this trouble with the same version on a live copy running from a
> thumb drive and on a laptop I had installed it to.
> I just went back to 16.4.3.
> But I'm glad to see that someone else had that, and it wasn't a corrupt
> download or something on my end.
> Not that I'm glad you had the difficulty too though.

Could you restart the menu with "mate-panel --replace" from the run
dialog (alt+f2) and tell me if it solves the issue for you ? If yes, I
suspect the new greeter from Lightdm to be the culprit. Could you try to
remove slick-greeter and install lightdm-gtk-greeter ?
Be aware of potential issues when switching of greeter, I just advise
you stuff I don't use myself because I'm on Debian and Debian uses
lightdm-gtk-greeter by default.

Best regards,
Alex.