Accessing Open VPN Network Manager GUI from Mate Desktop?

Al Puzzuoli alpuzz at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 16:24:03 UTC 2016

Hello,

Using Orca with Ubuntu Mate 16.10. I am trying to configure a VPN. I
have installed openvpn, and network-manager-openvpn-gnome. now, there is
supposed to be a system tray icon  I can use to configure my VPN;
However unless I'm missing something, I don't see any way to access
system tray icons via the keyboard. Is there a way to access these
icons? If not, is there any way to bring up the vPN Network Manager GUI
directly by running a command?  i'm sure I could configure the VPN by
using the openvpn command line utility, but I'd like to get the GUI
working as well if at all possible.

Thanks,

Al