how to browse apps

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Thu May 5 21:25:19 UTC 2016

hi
If you're in gnome, you can press windows+a. It will open a grid view of
your most frequently used apps. At the bottom, there's a "frequent" and
an "all" button. That changes the view. If you want to look at all apps,
press the "all" button. Keep in mind this only shows graphical apps with
desktop icons and such. It doesn't show command line apps and scripts
because it has no way to find them. If you're in mate ... the best way
would be to just go through the menus. All graphical apps show up in the
menus under one of the categories.
Thanks
Kendell Clark