Ubuntu 16.04 with Ubuntu Mate is it possible?

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Thu May 5 18:54:37 UTC 2016

If you did that in a user account you won't have access.  This is a root
operation.  You'll also have to have a graphical user interface up in
root for that to work.  Another possibility as root in graphical user
interface is to hit alt-f1 then downarrow to system then rightarrow into
that menu.  There should be an admin menu in system so rightarrow into
admin then downarrow onto no network is connected then hit enter.
You'll get a list of networks Ubuntu found so downarrow to your network
then rightarrow onto the add network button and hit enter.  You'll get
prompted for a password so enter that, then rightarrow onto connect and
hit enter.  If I remember all of the mapping of ubuntu I shared with you
here in this message correctly you should get connected.