Subject lines was: just a suggestion

B. Henry burt1iband at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 19:07:10 UTC 2016

Yes, and I generally do this when I change the topic, but occasionaly do forget.
I also often change the subject line even when I did not change the subject myself, and even bring this up frequently enough that I sometimes worry that
folks will get tired of me trying to correct bad posting practices.
Please join me in this crusade so that there is more than one of us to hate...lol
In the same vane many people start a conversation with a subject that gives little or no idea as to what is being discussed or what question is asked.
I do delete email that does not interest me when I know I am unlikely to be able to contribute any thing useful to the conversation, and often delete
imprecisely subjected messages.
More often I do answer a person once or twice and give them a reminder about making good subject lines, and sometimes I just answer, but I certainly
think spending a few seconds coming up with an explanatory subject for an email is the least one can do if they are asking for help.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 04:39:43AM -0500