introduction

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 15:15:31 UTC 2016

If you're running vinux 5, then on the log on screen, just hit tab to go
over to session options. After that hit space and then tab between Unity
(the default), Gnome and Mate. Press enter and then log in and you
should be running the desktop you selected. I'm doing this from memory,
but I'm pretty sure this is accurate.

I run Mate on my netbook, given it's limited resources.

On my laptop, I ended up deciding I liked Gnome better, so I switched to
that from Unity.

All of this was possible because Vinux 5 let me choose between these
three desktops right out of the box. A truly nice feature of Vinux 5!

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail