Installing Ubuntu on a partition without GRUB

Glenn / Lenny gervin at cableone.net
Sun Jan 10 08:32:48 UTC 2016

Hi,
I just installed Windows 7 on a NUC PPYH, and its BIOS seems to present boot options for separate partitions.
During my install of Windows 7 from a USB stick, I messed up and wound up with two partitions, and one is a bit more than enough for Ubuntu.
With sighted assistance, I have found that since that there is two partitions, on boot up, I am presented with the option to choose between the two partitions.
My question is, can I install Ubuntu onto that partition without it installing GRUB, since I will not need it due to the BIOS selection.
Thanks.
Glenn