Orca not speaking when I install Ubuntu 16.4 into vmware

Luke Yelavich luke.yelavich at canonical.com
Fri Aug 26 02:05:42 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 07:37:47PM AEST, Alex ARNAUD wrote:
> What is your plan for speech integration in Ubuntu Server ?
> I will be very happy if you could write a tutorial for helping us to install
> Ubuntu Server.

I do not currently have any plans to integrate any form of text to
speech/screen reading into Ubuntu server. To do so would likely introduce
security concerns that I am pretty sure the server team would rather avoid. I
could however, look into writing a tutorial as to how you could set up an
Ubuntu based server using a live desktop image, and by that I don't mean to
install the image. I am not sure when I would be able to get to writing such
a tutorial however.

Luke