xblapi from accessibility ppa

Brendan Perrine walterorlin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 21:48:18 UTC 2015

On Wed, 7 Oct 2015 08:52:01 -0700 (PDT)
Tom Masterson <kd7cyu at gmail.com> wrote:

> and I was on the
I think this could be a bug with the software in the ppa or an interaction between the new accesability ppa and the rest of the 14.04. However with pacakages from ppas the normal method of reporting bugs from the repository with apport or ubuntu-bug is not really used for non offical packages although it can be really good for getting technical info for developers. I looked online to see if the accessability team has any guidlines for reporting bugs in this ppa and could not find any.  Some really useful debug informatthe rest of the 14.04. However with pacakages from ppasion that could help if there is something new that broke something is to run apt-cache policy xbrlapi. xbrlapi is used for braille displays but also has an api backend to a screen reader like orca. I think it can also be helpful if you told us which kernel version you are using which can be reported with `uname -a`.
--
Brendan Perrine <walterorlin at gmail.com>