WIFI on Mate 15.10

Glenn glennervin at cableone.net
Fri Dec 11 20:45:46 UTC 2015

Hi,
I am about to install Voxin onto my USB Live version of Ubuntu Mate.
I seem to have this problem often with Ubuntu.
I cannot get to the WIFI in the panel.
When I go to Internet and networks, there is only Ethernet and wired.
If I go into the installer, which I am not wanting to do, it can bring up the WIFI, and gives me an opportunity to log into my network.
Isn't there some CLI command that I can run to bring up a wireless window?
I really don't want to edit a .conf file and all that, It's partially because of all that that I prefer a GUI in Linux.
When I can get to it, a GUI WIFI connection works well.
Thanks for any help.
Glenn