partitions and logging out help

B. Henry burt1iband at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 20:14:15 UTC 2014

I do not know from your message  for sure what's going on as orca should be on the ubuntu10.10 disk, guess you updated to a newer orca. Remember that unless you got something from the xdesktop branch it either won't work, or won't perform correctly.
You want orca 3.1.9 something, xdesktop, or I think from what I have read there's an orca 3.2xdesktop version.
Anyway, I do not have anything here I can directly check  to see what the gnome2 logout program is called. I'm using xfce desktop on the machine I'm using right now.
the program name, and thus command for this is xfce4-session-logout
Go to /usr/bin and look for things that start with gnome, maybe gnome2, or perhaps logout. Once you find the program name, or a list of suspects, do man program name to see what if any option you should run, e.g. m;an gnome-session-logout
Have you tried control alt backspace? As I remember that should log you out of a gnome2 session, or look under keyboard (can't remember exactly how the menu item is named, but it's in system, under admin I think, maybe prefs), and expand the keystrokes section where you do things like change layout, which is on the layout tab, and I think the last entry is called something like kill or stop graphical session more or less.
HTH
--
Burt