help with magnification in 12.04

Robert Cole rkcole72984 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 16:02:46 UTC 2013

Hello, Milton.

Unfortunately,, the GNOME Shell Magnifier is not available in the GNOME
Fallback session. I have heard that it may be possible to use the Compiz
eZoom plug-in with the Fallback session, but I have not tried it out
myself to verify it. In order to use the GNOME Shell Magnifier, you must
be logged into GNOME Shell.

Additionally, I think that GNOME 3.4 si what ships with Ubuntu 12.04. I
may be incorrect about this. If any of your friends prefer inverse
magnifications (i.e. causing a negative effect in which things like
black text on a white background would be displayed as white text on a
black background) you would need GNOME 3.6 or later. And as of GNOME
3.10 which I believe is supposed to ship next month), the magnifier will
also have cursor tracking.

I hope that this information is helpful to you in some way.

Take care.