I have a real show stopper here

Christopher Chaltain chaltain at gmail.com
Tue Oct 1 18:13:25 UTC 2013

What do you mean when you say vinux only has a few poultry applications?
If you mean at install time, the DVD version will have more applications
installed than the CD version. Otherwise, you can use the Software
Center to pretty much install anything you want, the same applications
you can install on Ubuntu in fact.

Remember too that Vinux uses Unity, so if you're just looking at the
Launcher, you're only seeing a dozen of the most commonly used
applications on your system. You can use the Dash to get to the other
applications installed on your system and even install more
applications. Use alt+f2 to bring up the Dash. The vinux wiki has
articles on how to use the Dash and get around the Unity desktop in general.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail