Some time horrible speech in Ubuntu 13.10 awailable Espeak and Speech-dispatcher

Luke Yelavich themuso at ubuntu.com
Thu Nov 28 22:00:12 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 02:28:28AM EST, Hammer Attila wrote:
> Hi Nadire,
>
> I will be doing a PPA version if you would like this, but I would
> like waiting Luke answer.
> Better doing a main archive awailable fix if this is possible,
> because the fix is officialy reviewed.

What fix is this exactly, and in what package? I am aware of audio issues with espeak and speech-dispatcher in 13.10, and its a combination of speech-dispatcher's pulseaudi ocode and pulseaudio itself. Speech-dispatcher is probably not using pulse as well as it could be, at the same time, pulse has had changes made that somtimes cause audio issues. I've tried following this up with upstream, and some work has been done to try and look into this, but it seems we're not there yet. I need to try git master of pulse myself to see if things are resolved.

Luke